Changing: Demarcation on using JR EAST PASS Starts April, 2016
Announcement from JR EAST dated November 14, 2015. We would like to inform that JR EAST PASS, one of our popular Pass among foreigners will demarcate the areas to make it more suitable for using. We will demarcate the areas in Tohoku Area and Nagano-Niigata Area. And if buying in advance from outside Japan, we will give you ¥1,000 discount (¥500 for children)
(1) JR EAST PASS (Tohoku Area)
– Sale price outside Japan: Adults ¥19,000, Children ¥9,500
– Sale price in Japan: Adults ¥20,000, Children ¥10,000
(2)JR EAST PASS (Nagano-Niigata Area)
– Sale price outside Japan: Adults ¥17,000, Children ¥8,500
– Sale price in Japan: Adults ¥18,000, Children ¥9,000
The same benefits in Pass 1 and 2 are:
– Able to travel by Reserved Seat unlimited times on Limited Express including Shinkansen, Express and Ordinary Train in Free Area as below:
– Validity: 1 year. Starts from April 1, 2016 onwards.
* If buying from outside Japan, the Pass issuing date is the day passengers bring Exchange order to change into the Pass in Japan.
* Current JR EAST PASS will end its saling in foreign countries since March 31, 2016, and since May 30, 2016 in Japan.